Nobody likes to grow old especially when they finally hit their 20s and start experiencing life in its fullness.
Well, before you hit your 30s here are a few things you should do to avoid being “late” in life and not feeling accomplished.
1. Work as hard as you can: While in your 20s, you have all the strength and energy to work hard. This is the time to do all kinds of jobs as long as it’s legal and doesn’t put anyone in harm’s way. Don’t limit your potential.
2. Become financially independent: By working hard in your 20s, make sure you secure your future. Save as much as you can. Stop depending on a man for basic things like food, clothes etc as a lady. Be self-sufficient so that others can also depend on you.
3. Read an Alot: I know this is hard but try and buy as many self inspiring books as you can. Buy self-help books that will improve yourself mentally, physically, financially and psychologically. Open your reading scope and learn new things. Don’t spend your time on your phone all day.
4. Surround yourself with leaders: Make sure your circle of friends is not just your age mates. Have some grown-ups who have gone through life to share their experiences with you. Humble yourself and allow them to lead you and give you some tips on how to improve your life.
5. Be Different: You don’t have to fit in for anyone when you can stand out. Don’t follow the crowd. Be spontaneous.
6. Develop multiple streams of income: we are in a world where job security is not assured. Don’t rely on just one source of income. Try and do a side business to help have something to fall back on when your job fails.
7. Start eating healthy: Eating all those pizzas and fried chicken can seem like fun until your kidneys start to fail you. A lot of young people are dying and sometimes our lifestyle contributes to it. Go to the gym when you have the time, drink more smoothies instead of alcohol, eat more vegetables instead of fried foods. Your 20s is a perfect time to shed off that extra weight than wait till you get to your 30s.
8. Become more observant of your surroundings: don’t just walk around without taking notice of things around you or your environment.
9. Develop and improve your communication skills: This is the time to make sure you know now how to talk to people and pass across your information without sounding rude or thoughtless.
10. This is the most important part. Before you hit your 30s, make sure you stop sleeping around else your body count will be more than 50. Try and keep one partner. It saves time and money and your life from deadly STI’s.