As close friends, family members, and sympathizers all over Africa continue to mourn the sad demise of Zimbabwe socialite Genius ‘Ginimbi’ Kadungure, we have compiled some facts about him for the benefit of those who do not know him.
Recall that the 36-year old was returning home to Domboshava, just outside Harare, after celebrating a friend’s birthday at around 5AM when witnesses say his Rolls Royce had a head-on collision with a blue Honda Fit on Borrowdale Road.
The Rolls Royce veered off the road and smashed into a tree before catching fire. Kandungure was thrown off the vehicle and died at the scene along with three friends named – Karim, Elisha, and Moana, who was celebrating her birthday.
1. Genius Kadungure was born on 10 October 1984 in Domboshava in a family of four. He was also referred to by the nickname of Ginimbi a name he gives to himself on his Facebook profile.
2. Genius had a friend who worked at the Angolan Airways offices, he quickly secured his first contract through a friend. He would follow up on a number of sales to gas users and that would see his fortunes turning.
3. In May 2014 Kadungure was arrested on allegations of fraud. He was accused of allegedly defrauding Zanu-PF MP for Chegutu West Dexter Nduna the managing director of Badon Enterprises, and a Kadoma-based miner only identified as Gatawa of R1,581,890.
4. His net worth is estimated to be between US $10 million and the US $100 million.
5. He’s the owner of a lot of luxurious cars, including Rolls Royce, Mercedes Benz S Class, Ferrari amongst others.