Earlier on we reported that Ghana has reported its first case of the deadly coronavirus which you can get the details of that here.
With at least 170 dying from the coronavirus in China and 7,700 cases confirmed in Mainland China, as the virus continues to spread, it is important that you know something about the virus.
In Africa, Ivory Coast was the first country to record and the issue of Coronavirus.
Here are five things you should know about the Coronavirus.
1. Coronavirus are a large family of viruses that causes illness ranging from the common cold to more serious diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-Cov) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome(SARS-Cov).
2. Coronavirus can be transmitted from animal to person or infected human to others.
3. Novel coronavirus (nCov) is a new strain believed to have originated in a market in Wuhan, China. It has been previously identified in humans.
4. The symptoms of China Coronavirus: fever, chest pain, chills, rapid heartbeat, breathing difficulties, pneumonia, and kidney failure.
5. Protect yourself from getting sick by: washing your hands: after coughing or sneezing, when caring for the sick, before, during and after you prepare food, before eating, after toilet use, when hands are dirty and after handling animals or animal waste.
Written By Intern: Francisca