Ghanaian actor, John Dumelo has wowed us with his acting prowess over several decades now and we highly acknowledge his immense contribution in projecting Ghana’s name on the map.
In commemoration of his birthday which fell on yesterday (Feb. 3), we have made 9 compilations about him that will fascinate you a great deal.
1. He was born February 3, 1984 to John Dumelo Snr and Antionette Dumelo. He is the last and only boy of three children.
2. John had his primary education at Christ the King International School in Accra, Ghana, where he was selected by GAMA Film Company to play the role as a pupil in the movie ‘Baby Thief’. He had his secondary education at Achimota School and further studied at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology where he read Civil Engineering.
3. He started his acting career at an early age. He has been acting since 1991. Featuring in popular Ghana series like Sun City and About to Wed.
4. He won Joy FM’s Best Ghanaian Actor in 2009.
5. John has won Africa’s Most Outstanding Actor 2011 at the Afro Australian Movies and Music Awards in Dec 2011 in Australia.
6. John in spite of his popularity, remains humble and modest.
7. He is a great philanthropist, giving back to the society through charity.
8. He has over 1 million likes on Fcaebook.
9. He’s one of the most influential celebs on social media.