For the sake of the nation’s future cathedral, President Nana Addo Dankwa-Akufo has called on Christians in Ghana, Africa, and beyond to chip in financially.
To him, it would be finished in a matter of weeks if Christians agreed to take the challenge, and its worth would be immediately apparent to everyone.
He mentioned the seven benefits of the cathedral that
- Provide an inter-denominational space for worship
- Will place God at the centre of nation-building efforts
- Provide an official venue of worship for state occasions in a predominantly Christian nation
- Serve as a fulcrum for propagating the Christian faith
- Unify the Christian Community
- Serve as a tribute to religious liberty
- More importantly, it will serve as our collective thanksgiving to the Almighty for the blessings he has bestowed on our nation, sparing us the ravages of civil war that have bedeviled the histories of virtually all our neighbours and the outbreaks of mass epidemics.
He said that the cathedral will provide a much-needed missing link in the spiritual infrastructure of the country by serving as an official venue for state-sponsored religious activity.
The seven advantages of the cathedral were noted by him.
The Ministry of Finance sanctioned the disbursement of 25 million for the building of Accra’s National Cathedral.