Amongst the many things that shape people’s lives are brainy quotes that we often encounter on the internet or hear close pals who have seen them say them to our hearing.
Often these brainy quotes get us thinking about so many things in our lives. They are quotes that help to change our ways of thinking as they contain deep messages and life hacks that are of benefit to us if we consider them carefully.
Another thing that we should know about brainy quotes beyond just changing our thoughts is that using them in our presentations or meetings has a benefit beyond simply filling that extra slide.
In a professional setting, you need some of these brainy quotes to move your audience to action. They are also necessary if you want to build your authority as a subject-matter expert and trusted advisor.
To help us stay in touch with these benefits that brainy quotes come with, we have sampled some of the best quotes from great world leaders that are capable of shaping our lives.
25 brainy quotes by great people that will shape your life
- “The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” -John Woode
4. “I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” -Flannery O’Connor
5. “The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.” –Thich Nhat Hanh
6. “If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it.” –Toni Morrison
7. “Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.” -Elbert Hubbard
8. “We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience.” -George Bernard Shaw
9. “A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.” -Maya Angelou
10. “We don’t see things the way they are. We see them the way we are.” -Talmud
11. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” -Lao Tzu
12. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” -Robert Frost
14. “Education is not the learning of the facts, but the training of the mind to think.” -Albert Einstein
15. “The two most important days of your life are the day that you’re born and the day that you find out why.” -Mark Twain.
16. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” -Confucius
17. “Holding onto your anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.” -Buddha
18. . “Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards.”-Søren Kierkegaard
19. “It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer.” -Albert Einstein
20. “There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde.
21. “Books say: She did this because. Life says: She did this. Books are where things are explained to you; life is where things aren’t. I’m not surprised some people prefer books.” -Julian Barnes
22. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” -Buddha
23. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” -Albert Einstein
24. “Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” -James Baldwin
25. “What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so.” -Mark Twain