Information reaching GhBase.com is that a cylinder explosion at Adenta Powerland, has rendered at least 30 people homeless.
Speaking to one eye witness at the scene, he explained that the incident started with a woman who was frying some egg to add to her rice for lunch. She however forgot to turn off her cylinder which started the fire.
” This woman forgot to turn off her cylinder after frying some eggs which started the fire. Instead of finding ways quench the fire she run off crying which caused the fire to spread fast.” He narrated.
The Madina Fire service were present to bring the fire under control but due to the gravity of the fire, they run out of water and some people in the neighborhood supported with water from their houses.
As at now, all the people who live in that vicinity have been rendered homeless. Their wooden structured homes have been swallowed by fire.
The residents at Powerland are calling on the government to come to their aid.
See videos below;
View this post on Instagram
There’s been a cooking gas explosion caused by someone trying to fry some eggs but things went south and that has rendered hundreds of people homeless. The unfortunate incident happened around the Powerland area around Ritz-Agboogba environs. Several kiosks which serve as homes for more than 100 people have been burnt into ashes. At the time of filing this report, one Fire Service car was at the scene trying its best to quench the fire. People are seen wailing as they have been rendered homeless. There are known casualties yet. We would keep you posted.