Cameron Diaz is a retired American actress, author, and former model who rose to fame in the 1990s and early 2000s. She is best known for her roles in a number of popular films, including “The Mask,” “My Best Friend’s Wedding,” “There’s Something About Mary,” “Charlie’s Angels,” and “The Holiday.”
ALSO READ: Robert Charles Chien Bio, Age, Career, Spouse, Net Worth
Cameron Diaz Biography and Career Summary
Diaz was born on August 30, 1972, in San Diego, California. She was raised by her father, Emilio Diaz, a second-generation Cuban-American, and her mother, Billie Early, an Anglo-American. Diaz attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School, where she was a popular cheerleader and member of the varsity softball team. After graduating, she worked as a model, travelling to Japan, Australia, Morocco, and Paris to work on various fashion campaigns.
In 1994, Diaz made her film debut in “The Mask,” opposite Jim Carrey. The film was a huge success and launched Diaz’s career in Hollywood. She went on to star in a number of hit films, including “My Best Friend’s Wedding” (1997), “There’s Something About Mary” (1998), and “Charlie’s Angels” (2000). In addition to her acting career, Diaz also appeared in several music videos, including Madonna’s “Music” and Will Smith’s “Miami.”
In addition to her acting career, Diaz is also known for her work as an author. She has written two books, “The Body Book” (2013) and “The Longevity Book” (2016), which focus on health, wellness, and ageing. Diaz has also been involved in a number of philanthropic efforts, including supporting environmental causes and working with organizations that provide education and resources to underserved communities.
Cameron Diaz’s Movies
Cameron Diaz has appeared in a number of popular films and television shows throughout her career. Some of her most notable roles include:
- “The Mask” (1994): Diaz’s breakout role, in which she played Tina Carlyle, the love interest of Jim Carrey’s character, Stanley Ipkiss.
- “My Best Friend’s Wedding” (1997): Diaz played the lead role of Julianne Potter, a food critic who tries to sabotage the wedding of her best friend, Michael (Dermot Mulroney).
- “There’s Something About Mary” (1998): Diaz played the titular character of Mary, a woman who is pursued by a number of different men, including Ben Stiller’s character, Ted.
- “Charlie’s Angels” (2000): Diaz played Natalie Cook, one of three crime-fighting angels alongside Lucy Liu and Drew Barrymore.
- “The Holiday” (2006): Diaz played Amanda, a film trailer producer who swaps homes with Iris (Kate Winslet), a British woman going through a breakup.
Diaz has also appeared in a number of television shows, including “Saturday Night Live,” “Mad Love,” and “Shrek Forever After.”
Cameron Diaz’s Awards and Nominations
Throughout her career, Cameron Diaz has been nominated for a number of awards for her acting performances. Some of her notable nominations include:
- MTV Movie Awards: Diaz was nominated for three MTV Movie Awards for her roles in “There’s Something About Mary,” “Being John Malkovich,” and “Charlie’s Angels.”
- Golden Globe Awards: Diaz was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical for her role in “There’s Something About Mary.”
- Kids’ Choice Awards: Diaz was nominated for a Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actress for her roles in “Charlie’s Angels” and “The Other Woman.”
- People’s Choice Awards: Diaz was nominated for a People’s Choice Award for Favorite Actress in a New TV Series for her role in “Mad Love.”
Although Diaz has not won any major awards for her acting, she has received critical acclaim for her performances and is widely regarded as a talented and versatile actress.
Cameron Diaz’s Husband
Despite her successful career in Hollywood, Diaz retired from acting in 2014. She has since focused on her personal life, marrying musician Benji Madden in 2015 and giving birth to a daughter in 2020.
What Is Cameron Diaz’s Net Worth?
Cameron’s net worth is around $140 million.
Does Cameron Diaz Have Blue Eyes?
Yes. The former actress has blue eyes.
Who Are Cameron Diaz’s Parents?
Cameron Diaz was born to Emilio Diaz, a second-generation Cuban-American, and Billie Early, an Anglo-American. Diaz was raised by her father, a foreman at a plastics company, and her mother, an imported-car salesperson.
Diaz has spoken about the influence of her parents on her life and career, stating that her mother encouraged her to pursue her dreams and her father taught her the value of hard work and determination. Diaz has also credited her parents with instilling in her a strong sense of self-confidence and self-worth.
Despite her successful career in Hollywood, Diaz has remained close to her family and has often spoken about the importance of maintaining strong relationships with loved ones.