Dakota Fanning is an exciting, talented, young Hollywood actress. Think about future trailblazers and you can’t leave her out of the equation. At 28, and already with a plethora of movie appearances, Dakota is primed for more exciting times in her career.
If you loved these movies: Uptown Girls (2003), The Cat in the Hat (2003), Man on Fire (2004), War of the Worlds (2005), Dreamer (2005), and Charlotte’s Web (2006), you automatically would have fallen in love with Dakota Fanning.
In this feature, we shed the spotlight on Dakota Fanning, her career, early life, movies she has starred in, awards she has won, and her net worth.
Dakota Fanning profile
Dakota Fanning was born Hannah Dakota Fanning on February 23, 1994.
Dakota Fanning was born in Conyers, Georgia, USA.
She is an American actress, one of the very exciting ones at that with a very bright future ahead of her.
She attended a Montessori School in Covington.
She rose to prominence at the age of seven when she starred as Lucy Dawson in the drama film I Am Sam (2001).
Dakota Fanning received a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination at age eight for that drama series.
That nomination made her the youngest nominee in SAG history.
Fanning played major roles as a child actress in the films Uptown Girls (2003), The Cat in the Hat (2003), Man on Fire (2004), War of the Worlds (2005), Dreamer (2005), and Charlotte’s Web (2006).
Dakota Fanning parents
Fanning’s parents are Heather Joy and Steven J Fanning.
Her mother, Heather Joy, played tennis professionally, and her father, Steven J. Fanning, played minor league baseball and now works as an electronics salesman in Los Angeles, California.
Her maternal grandfather is former American football player Rick Arrington, and her aunt is former ESPN reporter Jill Arrington.
Counted among the Arrington family’s notable ancestors is the gentleman farmer William Farrar.
Dakota is the elder sister of Elle Fanning, also an actress; both were brought up Southern Baptist.
Dakota Fanning career
For many American actors and actresses, their talents get harnessed at a very young age and for Dakota, her career took off when she was just five, meaning she has been at it for a little over two decades.
Her career began in 1999 with an appearance in a Tide television commercial.
Her first significant acting job was a guest role in the NBC prime-time drama ER, which remains one of her favorite roles.
So, starting her career at five, she has been able to master the art of acting and that makes her good at it.
Dakota Fanning films
Dakota Fanning starred in the following films:
- Father Xmas
- I Am Sam
- Sweet Home Alabama
- Hansel and Gretel
- Uptown Girls
- The Cat in the Hat
- Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time
- Man on Fire
- My Neighbor Totoro
- In the Realms of the Unreal
- Hide and Seek
- Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
- Nine Lives
- War of the Worlds
- Charlotte’s Web
- The Secret Life of Bees
- Coraline Coraline
- Fragments – Winged Creatures
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon
- The Runaways
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2
- The Motel Life
- Now Is Good
- Night Moves
- The Last of Robin Hood
- Very Good Girls
- Effie Gray
- Every Secret Thing
- The Benefactor
- American Pastoral
- The Escape
- Please Stand By
- Ocean’s 8
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Sweetness in the Belly
Viena and the Fantomes .
Dakota Fanning awards
Dakota Fanning’s enterprising career has seen her win a number of awards thus far. Some of her awards include:
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Best Young Performer-2001.
- Las Vegas Film Critics Society Youth in Film–2002.
- Satellite Awards Outstanding New Talent–2002.
- Chicago Film Critics Association Most Promising Performer–2002.
- Young Artist Awards Best Performance in a Feature Film – Young Actress Age Ten or Under–2002.
- Young Artist Awards Best Performance in a TV Movie, Mini-Series or Special – Leading–200.
- Locarno International Film Festival Best Actress–2005.
- MTV Movie Awards Best Frightened Performance–2005.
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Best Young Actress–2005.
- Saturn Awards Best Performance by a Younger Actor–2006.
- National Association of Theatre Owners (ShoWest Award) Actress of the Year–2006.
- Young Artist Awards Best Performance in a Feature Film (Comedy or Drama) – Leading Young Actress–2006.
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Favorite Movie Actress–2007.
- Hollywood Film Festival Cast year (Shared with cast)–2009.
- Young Artist Awards Best Performance in a Feature Film (Comedy or Drama) – Leading Young Actress–2009.
- Palm Springs International Film Festival Rising Star Award–2009.
- National Arts Awards Bell Family Foundation Young Artist Award–2013.
Apart from these awards, Dakota Fanning has won, she has also been nominated for several others.
Dakota Fanning husband
Dakota Fanning has been linked to her boyfriend, Henry Frye, since October 2017, many reports have it. They were first spotted together when they both attended two sports games in late 2017 at Madison Square Garden.
The pair have not been talking as far as their romance is concerned, as neither Fanning nor Frye has spoken out publicly about their relationship.
While they haven’t been spotted together recently, the actor has posted photos of herself and her boyfriend on her Instagram in the past.
Dakota Fanning net worth
It is no surprise, I must say, that Dakota Fanning, after all these years of acting, having started at five, is earning so much money today.
She has an estimated net worth of $12 million according to celebritynetworth.com.