ECG debtors expected to pay debts within 4 months – Mgt says

The management of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) has has warned debtors to pay off every debt within four months.

During a panel discussion on TV3 NewDay, the ECG Tema Regional Public Relations Officer, Sakyiwaa Mensah explained to Johnnie Hughes on Friday August 12 that debtors are required to pay 70 per cent of the total debt with the first four months and pay the remaining 30 percent within 3 months.

READ ALSO: I was popular but very broke – Nana Ama McBrown recounts

This comment from the Regional Public service officer comes after an incident that happened in the Manya and Yilo Krobo in the Eastern Region of Ghana where residents were said to have refused to pay their debt.

According to the Managing Director of the ECG, Samuel Dubik Mahama, the residents of Manya and Yilo owe a total debt of ¢168million.

He urged the community members to calm down and find ways to settle this debt after describing the situation as sad.

READ ALSO:My mother was very close with Despite when we were staying at Kwadaso – Nana Ama Mcbrown reveals

“ECG buys the power from independent power producers and sells the power. The total outstanding debt in Yilo Krobo and Manya Krobo is totaling ¢168million, hence the disconnection of electricity in this two towns.

“It is very sad what is going on and they are a community, all they have to do is to come together and let us find a lasting solution today,” he told TV3’s Alfred Ocansey in interview on the Ghana Tonight show Wednesday August 10.

www.ghbase.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here