Lil Baby is one of the finest fast-rising American rappers who specializes in trap music.
Aside from that, he is famous for having a very shaky controversial trouble-ridden childhood which ranges from fights, smoking of marijuana allegations and spending of precious time behind bars.
In this edition, Ghbase.com brings the facts on the life of Lil Baby summed up in his biography: his early childhood, education, music career, family and net worth.
Celebrity Facts And Life: Biography Of Lil Baby
- Lil Baby is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who was born Dominique Armani Jones on December 23, 1994, in Atlanta, Georgia in the Oakland City neighbourhood.
- He was two years old when his father left the family, leaving his single mother to raise him and his two sisters.
- Lil Baby was a brilliant student but dropped out of the Booker T. Washington High School when he was in the ninth grade due to his inability to stay out of trouble.
- In early 2012, he was charged for possession of marijuana with intent to sell among other charges. Lil Baby refused to put in a two-year plea deal ad was later put into a 1-year special programme.
- That did not end when he got into an altercation with a white prisoner over racial comments. After, Lil Baby’s sentencing was replaced with the original 2-year deal.
- In 2013 and 2014 Lil Baby was charged with the possession of marijuana. He was arrested again and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell among other things. After being incarcerated for two years, he began his rap career with 4PF (4 Pockets Full) and Quality Control Music.
- After his release from prison in 2017, Lil Baby kickstarted his music career with the first release of a mixtape titled “Perfect Timing.” This shot him up to the mainstream and set him up for prominence; better things.
- He released his second mixtape entitled Harder Than Hard on July 18, 2017, which was followed by another collaboration mixtape with close friend and fellow Atlanta rapper Marlo, 2 The Hard Way.
- This mixtape did not create as big an impact as the two former tapes but still garnered some attention. Jones finally started to break through to the masses with his December 2017 mixtape Too Hard, led by his hit single “Freestyle”, which was released as a music video on November 5 to promote the upcoming mixtape.
- Through the success of the single, Li Baby attracted much attention towards his mixtape. When the mixtape was finally released, it had the single “All of a Sudden” with featuring rapper and friend Moneybagg Yo.
- This was the defining moment of Lil Baby’s career and in May 2018, he released his debut studio album, Harder Than Ever, which debuted at number three on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- The album was supported by the singles, “Southside” and “Yes Indeed” (with Drake), the latter peaked at number six on the Billboard Hot 100. “Life Goes On” featuring Lil Uzi Vert and Gunna charted at 74 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Lil Baby has gone on to work with the likes of Yung Gravy, Future, DaBaby, and produced songs that topped major music charts In America and around the world. Lil Baby also starred in How High 2, the sequel to the 2001 stoner film How High, which premiered on April 20, 2019, on MTV.
- In February 2020, Lil Baby released the “My Turn’ album, which had 12 songs with “Sum 2 Prove” debuting the Billboard US 200. He featured the likes of Gunna, 42 Dugg, Future, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Wayne, Moneybagg Yo, Young Thug and Rylo Rodriguez.
- Lil Baby’s has been nominated for several awards but in 2019 he won the Best New Artist at the BET Awards and in 2020 won the Impact Track award with ‘The Bigger Picture” at the BET Hip Hop Awards
- Lil Baby has two nominations ahead of the 2021 Grammy Awards. His “The Bigger Picture” was nominated for the Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance categories.
- Lil Baby has a child with American socialite Jayda Cheaves, a lady he started dating in September 2016.
- According to CelebrityNetWorth, Lil Baby has an estimated net worth of $4 million. His fleet of cars includes Mercedes G Wagon, a Dodge Charger and a Corvette. He lives a very exotic luxurious life full allegations, controversies and crime-related offences.
- Lil Baby is one of the sought-after artistes and among the most followed contemporary American rappers with a total of 13.3m followers on Instagram, 4.2m on Twitter and 2.2m on Facebook.
- Where is Lil Baby originally from? Although Lil Baby is an America of African descent, he has always criticized Blacks for being racist themselves. He has made some derogatory comments about Blacks and not supported several black movements in the States