President Akufo-Addo has named 46 individuals who will be holding various portfolios as Ministers and Regional Ministers in his second term.
This list includes 30 Ministers and 16 Regional Ministers Designate who will be subjected to a parliamentary vetting and approval.
Out of this list, 15 Ministers in the first term of President Akufo-Addo have maintained their positions. These individuals are:
- Dominic Nitiwul – Defence
- Ambrose Dery – Interior
- Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey – Foreign Affairs & Regional Integration
- Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu – Parliamentary Affairs
- Ursula Owusu-Ekuful – Communications and Digitalisation
- Dr Owusu Afriyie Akoto – Food and Agriculture
- Kwaku Agyemang Manu – Health
- Kwasi Amoako-Atta – Roads and Highways
- Kwaku Ofori Asiamah – Transport
- Cecilia Abena Dapaah – Sanitation and Water Resources
- Ignatius Baffuor Awuah – Employment and Labour Relations
- Kojo Oppong Nkrumah – Information
- Albert Kan Dapaah – National Security
- Ken Ofori-Atta – Finance
There are also some Ministers in the previous government who have changed portfolios.
The former Minister of State responsible for Procurement, Sarah Adwoa Safo, now heads the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection; the former Education Minister, Dr Matthew Opoku Prempeh now heads the Energy Ministry and the former Special Initiatives Minister, Hon. Mavis Hawa Koomson, MP now heads the Fisheries Ministry.
Some of the former Ministers left without a portfolio in the new government are Kofi Dzamesi of the Chieftaincy and Religious Affairs, Dr Frimpong Boateng of the Environment, Science, Technology & Innovation and Isaac Asiamah of the Sports Ministry.
Check Out Full List Below: