President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has renominated nineteen ministers of state from his first term to maintain their ministerial portfolios in his second term.
The names have subsequently been submitted to Parliament for vetting and approval.
The full list of ministerial nominees was made available to the public yesterday, Thursday, 21 January 2021.
“The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has submitted to Parliament for prior approval, through the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin…”
a release from the Presidency signed by Eugene Arhin, Acting Director of Communication said.
“President Akufo-Addo is hopeful that Parliament will see to the prompt approval of his nominees, so they can assist in the delivery of his mandate for his second term in office,” the release added.
Among nineteen of those who will be maintaining their various ministerial portfolios, is the Volta regional Minister Honorable Dr. Letsa Archibald.
However, a group calling itself Volta NPP grassroots for Justice has appealed to President Akufo-Addo not to retain Dr. Yao Archibald Letsa as the Volta regional minister.
According to a press statement released by the group, the youth stated that Dr. Yao Archibald Letsa is not fit for the job.
They noted that the Ghana police have been notified of their intended series of demonstrations to register their displeasure against any move by the president to bring back Dr Letsa as Regional Minister.
The demonstration is scheduled to take place at Ho, the Volta regional capital on Monday January 25.
The demonstrators according to the release would use roads from Metro mass yard, (sokode lokoe) through to the police regional headquarters to the civic centre and finally to the regional party office to present their petition.
However, Ghana’s Klikor King and Scientist, Torgbi Xenodzi Dogbey II, in a Press released described the president’s move as intelligible since for the first time under the leadership of Honorable Dr. Yao Letsa Archibald, the Volta region has seen massive development.
In 2019 last year, Ghana’s Klikor King and Scientist, toured the Volta Region for Governments Projects spearheaded by the Volta Regional Minister Honorable Dr. Letsa Archibald and was impressed with the achievement of the impact of Honorable Dr. Yao Letsa Archibald.
In the press release from Ghana’s Klikor King and Scientist, Torgbi Xenodzi Dogbey II, he was grateful to the President for his decisions and called on all to support the president to succeed in his second Term advising the said Volta group to rescind their decision and rally behind the President for the common good of thr Volta region since even it was under his reign that the New Patriotic Party, NPP gained a Parliamentary Seat in the Volta Region owing to good works.
It could also be recalled that last year when he was challenged by a Radio station presenter, to outline the Government projects undertaken by the Volta Regional Minister in the Volta region, Torgbi Xenodzi Dogbey II, Dufia of Klikor for the Worgbato community and an enigmatic Scientist, outlined forty(40) developmental Projects which silenced critics of Government in the Volta region.
We provide that press release as published last year below:
I SEE PROGRESS IN THE VOLTA REGION
In an interview with Dzigbordi FM in the Volta Region, the Radio Presenter asked me to outline the Projects undertaken by the Current Akufo Addo- Dr. Bawumia Government in the Volta Region.
I, Torgbi Xenodzi Dogbey II, Dufia of Klikor, King of the Worgbato Kingdom of Klikor in the Volta Region hereby outline Forty(40) works the Current Government have embarked on in our region, the Volta Region of Ghana:
1. Dabala Market received a facelift from Government in 2017- Fixing of Gate, Mending Broken walls, and Improving Lighting
2. The government completed the E- Block at Adaklu and added dormitories to it to make it boarding and opened it last year, 2019.
3. Ziope E-Block is currently ongoing, it was inherited at Foundation level from the John Mahama Administration but is currently close to completion, roofed and painting has begun.
4. Yabram Senior High in Dambai was completed by Government; they have opened it and even given the school a bus.
5. Ziavi Senior High school has been absorbed by the Government.
6. Former President Kuffuor began a 5-story accommodation block and School of Art and Design in Ho Technical University in 2007.
In NDC’s eight (8) years they abandoned it and the Akufo Addo-Dr. Bawumia Government is now continuing these Projects.
7. The School of Business Complex that was abandoned in Ho Technical University is being continued now.
8. The Akufo Addo – Dr. Bawumia government are completing the abandoned Bame to Dzolokpuita road now.
9. Government is working on Klefe town roads.
READ SAD Video: Man Dies On An Electric Pole While Fixing Mahama’s Campaign Flag
10. Government is working on the Klefe to Ziave Road.
11. Government has reconstructed the Amedzofe to Vane road.
12. Government has completed the Kpeve lorry park junction to Kpeve Tornu road with Coaltar.
13. Government is working on the Eastern Corridor road from Have to Hohoe.
14. Government is working on the Hohoe to Jasikan.
15. Government is about to begin the Asikuma to Have.
16. Government has begun the Old Akanu road – Dzodze Town roads.
17. Government has started the Akatsi town roads and plans are far underway for Klikor in Roads to be constructed by Government.
18. Government has awarded the Aflao town roads and will soon commence (We here in Klikor and Agbozume will benefit)
19. The Chieftaincy Minister, Hon. Kofi Dzamesi has done so well by inaugurating Twelve (12) Traditional Councils to Twelve Traditional Areas in the Volta Region alone.
Afife, Avenor, Aflao, Ziavi, Nyagbo, Atwode, Vakpo, Adaklu, Nchurumu, Logba, Wusuta and Battor all got Traditional Councils with Six (6) more Traditional Areas added soon. He has been a strong force in the region.
20. The land has been acquired for the construction of affordable housing units off the Ho-Kpetoe road; efforts are being made to extend utilities to the site to attract investors.
21. Completion of the five districts water supply scheme would also impact positively on the commencement of the affordable housing project.
22. Volta Region had received its fair share of the disbursement of the $1 million per constituency by the Ministry of Special initiative.
23. The distribution of ambulances to all constituencies in the region.
24. Government has constructed institutional toilets.
25. The one (1) district one (1) warehouse projects financed by funds allocated under the $1 million per constituency policy infeasible.
The Ho, Ketu North and Hohoe Municipalities have already been provided Warehouses, while procurement is underway for the acquisition of land for the commencement of work in other districts across the region.
26. As far as I know, Government is in the process of acquiring land for the construction industrial park in the Adaklu District.
27. In the health sector, Government retooled, reequipped and converted Ho Teaching Hospital, undertook the rehabilitation of various existing health facilities, while districts hospitals would be constructed at the newly created districts.
Here in the Volta Region, the Trafalgar (Ho Teaching Hospital) is an entire hospital and people will not travel to Korle Bu and 37 hospitals to access their referral needs.
29. Government has also restored nurses’ trainee allowances and employment of backlogs of trained nurses and other health workers since 2010 as fulfilled promises.
30. Government has invested in the Drone Delivery System in the health sector, one of the largest drone delivery systems in the world. And Volta region is a beneficiary.
31. Government has procured and deployed over 300 ambulances fitted with all modern intensive care gadgets, truly a single largest deployment since our independence, Volta benefited.
32. The Akufo Addo Dr. – Bawumia led Government secured a loan facility of £11.5 million, approved by parliament to undertake the phase 3 project which is the distribution of 5,000 gallons of water daily to 5 districts which include Central Tongu, North Tongu, Adaklu, Agotime-Ziope districts and the Ho Municipality.
33. Also, Government has secured a Spanish grant of $3.78 million under the Water Supply Improvement Project for the construction of 18 water supply systems in 35 communities in 4 districts, with an estimated population of 95,000.
Supply and installation of pumps would have been completed if not for the emergence of the Covid-19 pandemic, which slowed construction works.
34. Government’s investment in the education sector which includes the restoration of the teacher trainees’ allowances, implementation of the free Senior High School policy and its associated promises is laudable.
35. Here in the Volta region, all second cycle and tertiary institutions in the regions have benefited from EITHER the provision of, furniture, infrastructure or vehicles under the Akufo Addo – Dr. Bawumia Government.
READ We Can’t Ban Pornographic Videos On TV In Ghana – Media Commission’s Boss Reveals
36. The Eastern Corridor project which saw the bitumen surfacing of the Kadjebi-Dodi Pepesu stretch under the John Kuffuor administration and some progress on the Asikuma-Peki stretch during the tenure of the late President Mills was abandoned when former President Mahama assumed office, but Government took charge.
37. Works had resumed on the Hohoe-Jasikan stretch of the Eastern Corridor Road, while the Sokode-Ho dual carriage, Ho-Aflao road and the Fodome-Hohoe road are also being constructed.
38. Procurement processes have been completed for work to commence on Klikor-Aflao road.
39. The government completed and paid over 70% of the construction cost of the Ho-Airport, though the Economic viability of the project is yet to be realised.
40. Last but not least, Government is constructing sporting facilities in Ho and Hohoe to help unearth and nurture young talents in the region.
All MEDIA HOUSES IN GHANA.
SIGNED: TORGBI XENODZI DOGBEY II DUFIA OF KLIKOR (WORGBATO)
Ghanaian Scientist and King.