Adolf Hitler was a German chancellor and dictator who reign from 1933 to 1945. In his quest to get Germany back to its glorious days, Hitler started World War II which later ended his life. He was one of the most powerful politicians then and he could not achieve this alone. Who worked with Hitler? Check out some of the powerful men who made it in Hitler’s inner circle.
ALSO READ: World War: How Did Adolf Hitler Die?
Powerful Men In Hitler’s Inner Circle
The following are some of the important officials who worked with Adolf Hitler.
- Wilhelm Keitel: Field Marshal of the German Army (Wehrmacht), Chief of the Supreme High Command of the German Armed Forces (OKW) and Chief of Defence for Germany, Hitler’s Chief of Staff.
- Martin Bormann: He was the Head of the Nazi Party Chancellery, Hitler’s Personal Private Secretary, controlling all information passed to and from Hitler and controller of all personal access to Hitler. He had final approval over all legislation and de facto control over all domestic matters.
- Joseph Goebbels: He was the Reichsminister for Propaganda for Nazi Germany, with control over all news media, arts and public information in Germany. He also delivered emotionally charged speeches to mobilise and motivate the German people. He was named in Hitler’s final will, written in the Furherbunker, as his official successor.
- Hermann Göring: He was the Commander-in-Chief of the Luftwaffe (German Air Force), founder of the Gestapo in 1933, Minister of the Economic Four Year Plan, Reichsmarschall, senior to all other Wehrmacht commanders, and in 1941, designated by Hitler as his successor and second in command in all his offices.
- Heinrich Himmler: He was the Reichsführer of the entire SS, Military Commander of the Waffen-SS, Commander of the Gestapo, Minister of the Interior, Commander of the Home Army, and supreme leader of the administration of the entire Third Reich. Heinrich Himmler became Hitler’s second in command.