The Accra Circuit Court has revealed the factors considered before handing actress Akuapem Poloo her 90 days jail sentence.
The decision of the court to give the actress a custodial sentence has been met with mixed reactions from Ghanaians – with a section supporting it and others against it.
But the court, days after the sentence, has released the full court document and has listed the 13 factors considered before a custodial sentence was handed to her.
14 Reasons Why Akuapem Poloo was sentenced to a 90-day prison term by the court
- The intrinsic seriousness of the offences charged
- The gravity of the offences charged
- The degree of revulsion felt by law-abiding citizens of this country for the crimes committed
- The premeditation with which the criminal plans were executed
- The prevalence of the crime within the Accra Metropolitan Assembly and the country generally
- The sudden increase in the incidence of these crimes
- The age of the accused person’s son and the trauma he is going through in a society where counselling for victims of such criminal act is almost non-existent.
- The court also took into consideration in imposing the sentence, the following mitigating factors;
- The fact that the accused person pleaded guilty to the offences thereby not wasting the time of the court.
- The accused person’s apology on social media after the publication of the nude photograph together with her son.
- The accused person’s show of remorse.
- The fact that the accused person has had no brush with the law.
- The fact that the accused person is a single parent and a mother to a seven-year-old child
- The fact that the accused person is the sole breadwinner of her family.
Check Out Document Below:
Source: Joy News