The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is Ghana’s second-best tertiary institution according to the 21st edition of the Webometrics Ranking of Universities. The university is popularly known for offering some of the best courses.
The KNUST Distance Learning Masters Programmes are among the highly desired options for part-time students due to the manner in which they are structured. They enable you to study during the evenings and on weekends during your free time.
Here is everything you need to know about the courses offered by the Institution’s Distance Learning(IDL).
KNUST distance learning masters programmes
The courses offered under the Institute of Distance Learning (IDL) include:
- Commonwealth Executive Master of Business Administration (CEMBA)
- MBA International Business
- MPhil Post-Harvest Technology
- MPhil/MSc Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- MPhil/MSc Industrial Finance and Investment
- MPhil/MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- MPhil/MSc Business Consulting and Enterprise Risk Management
- MPhil/MSc Educational Innovation and Leadership Science Master of Education Degree (MEd)
- MPhil/MSc Actuarial Science
- MSc Applied Statistics
- MSc Geography and Sustainable Development
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Health Informatics
- MSc Information Technology
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Actuarial Science
- MSc Applied Statistics
- MSc Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- MSc Food Quality Management
- MSc Development Management
- MSc Energy and Sustainable Management
- MSc Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MSc Strategic Management and Leadership
- MSc Corporate Governance and Strategic Leadership Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MSc Insurance and Business Continuity
- MSc Agribusiness Management
- MSc Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Development Finance
- MSc Biotechnology
- MSc Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
- MSc Management and Human Resource Strategy
- MSc Environmental Resource Management
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Economics (ACCRA CENTRE ONLY)
- MPhil/MSc Forensic Science Professional Master of Engineering with Management (MEng)
Here are the minimum requirements to be met for the courses above:
- You must hold a good bachelor’s degree.
- The degree must be from a recognized tertiary institution.
- The degree should be in a field related to the master’s course you wish to pursue.
- You may be considered to pursue a degree in an unrelated field if you have worked in the study area of that course for over 3 years.
- Some courses listed require a two-year relevant industrial or research work experience.
- Applicants who have a first-class or second-class division will be preferred over applicants who do not.
Steps to apply for the KNUST distance learning masters programs
The first step should be purchasing an e-voucher available in the following centres:
- GCB Bank
- HFC Bank
- Fidelity Bank
You will require the following equipment to facilitate the application process:
- A computer, phone or tablet
- Active internet connection
- A web browser
- An academic certificate
Follow the steps below to apply:
- Connect to the internet using a stable and reliable network.
- Open your web browser preferably Google Chrome optimum user experience.
- Visit the application portal using the official address provided by the school.
- Login to your account using the serial number and PIN in your e-voucher.
- Input the required details, ie. your email, phone number, first name, sir name, and educational background.
- Cross-check for errors and omissions in order to avoid complications.
- Print out two copies of your application forms .
- Submit your application forms together with your certificates and the required documents. via post to the Director IDL, KNUST, KUMASI.
Institute of Distance Learning contacts in case of technical difficulties:
1. General contacts
Phone 1: 0247274661
Phone 2: 0500482885
Phone 3: 0501102650
2. Kumasi Physical location:
The Office of the Director, Institute of Distance Learning, Casely-Hayford Building, KNUST Campus.
Phone 1: 0204743271
Phone 2: 0245077483
Phone 3: 0509314350
Phone 4: 0279857058
3. Accra Physical location:
Old KNUST Guest House near ECOBANK Head Quarters.
Contact: Michael Phone number: 0500482875
Physical location 2: KNUST Accra City Campus, Kwabenya
Contact: Luke Phone number: 0546924824.
4. Akuse Physical location:
Contact: Alfred Okang
Phone number: 0208802435
5. Sunyani Physical location:
The University of Energy and Natural Resources.
Contact: Mr Alfred Appiah
Phone number: 0500482877
6. Techiman Physical location:
BACCSOD Techiman Branch Office
Contact: Mr Toura
Phone number: 020 578 2024
7. Ho Physical location:
Ho Technical University, Volta Region
Contact: Mr Stephen Gbena
Phone number: 050 048 2873
8. Takoradi Physical location:
Sekondi-Takoradi City Campus, Kansawrodo
Contact: Mr. E. Opintan-Baah
Phone number: 0500482883
9. Koforidua Physical location:
Ghana Highway Authority
Contact: Mrs Fidelia Teayo Akumiah
Phone number: 0209377707
10. Tamale Physical location:
Tamale Technical University
Contact: Dr. Abubakari Abdul-Razak,
Phone number: 0500482879
11. Bolgatanga Physical location:
Bolgatanga Secondary School
Contact: Mr. Mukasa Zoogah,
Phone 1: 0500482880
Phone 2: 0208288666
12. Wa Physical location:
Jihann Training College
Contact: Mr Dominic Wanaa,
Phone number: 0500482878
13. Cape Coast Physical location:
Cape Coast Tech University
Contact: Mr K. A. Simpson
Phone number: 0500482882
Due to the fact that the competition for admission into the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is relatively high, it is necessary to meet their minimum requirements and cut off points.