Everything on this earth appears to be a sport. You probably aren’t in agreement with this, but, should I tell you that eating, which you do every day, is a sport, would you still not agree that everything on this earth is a sport? Eating and winning championships is what Matt Stonie does for a living.
Matt Stonie is cashing in on his eating talent as he has made a lot of money out of it and he is still making a lot of money out of it.
He often displays his eating escapades on YouTube for which he is paid a lot of money from the numerous views that he normally gets whenever he uploads any video there on his channel.
This feature is dedicated to Matt Stonie and his eating career.
Matt Stonie biography
Matthew Stonie was born on May 24, 1992.
He was born in San Jose, California. He is of Japanese, Czechoslovakian, and Lithuanian ancestry.
Matt Stonie is an American competitive eater and YouTuber.
He is the number four ranked competitive eater in Major League Eating.
Stonie won the 2015 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, dethroning 8-time defending champion Joey Chestnut.
Stonie has gained fame from his YouTube channel, to which he uploads video footage of his eating challenges.
Matt Stonie has a younger brother named Morgan Stonie, who is oftentimes involved with the production of his challenges uploaded to his YouTube channel.
Matt Stonie career
Matt Stonie career is all just about eating in a competitive way.
Here are some highlights of his career:
On July 4, 2015, Stonie defeated eight-time defending Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest champion Joey Chestnut by eating 62 hot dogs to Chestnut’s 60.
On July 4, 2016, Stonie came in second to Chestnut, eating 53 hot dogs to Chestnut’s 70.
On July 4, 2017, Stonie came in third, eating 48 hot dogs, behind Carmen Cincotti’s 60 and Chestnut’s 72.
Matt Stonie has held world records for eating birthday cake, frozen yogurt, gyros, pumpkin pie, Twinkies, a McDonald’s Happy Meal, bacon, pepperoni rolls, pork rolls, carne asada tacos, McDonald’s Big Macs, pancakes, moon pies, Peeps, and more.
World records held by Matt Stonie in his eating career
- Birthday Cake: 5.5 pounds in 9 minutes (May 26).
- Frozen Yogurt: 10.5 pounds of Yogurtland Frozen Yogurt at Phantom Gourmet Food Festival in 6 Minutes (September 29).
- Kookamonga Burger: 7.5 pound burger from the Kooky Canuck in Memphis, Tennessee in 4 minutes, 43 seconds (October 26).
- Indian taco: 32.5 Indian tacos in 8 minutes in Atmore, Alabama (March 29).
- Slugburgers: 43 Slugburgers in 10 minutes (The World Slugburger Eating Championship Presented By Main Street Corinth, July 12.
- Pumpkin Pie: 20.8 pounds in 8 minutes (Elk Grove Pumpkin Festival, October 5).
- Fastest McDonald’s Happy Meal eaten in 15.22 seconds.
- Bacon: 182 slices of bacon in 5 minutes in Daytona, Florida (February 22).
- Iguana’s Burritozilla: 5 pounds in 1 minute, 50 seconds (May 8)
- Pork sandwiches (8 ounces): 15 sandwiches in 10 minutes at The Backyard at Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- Traditional Carne Asada Tacos: 103 tacos in 8 minutes San Jose, California (August 15).
- Martorano’s Signature Pasta & Sauce: 10 pounds in 8 minutes at Martorano’s and Paris Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas, October 17).
- Smithfield Pork Ribs: 71 ribs in 5 minutes (Miami, November 24).
- Silver Dollar Pancakes: 113 (1 oz) pancakes in 8 minutes (Chico, California, May 28) at The World Silver Dollar Pancake Eating Championship.
- Moon Pies: 85 Moon Pies in 8 minutes (Memphis- October 15) at The World Moon Pie Eating Championship
- Chicken Spiedies: 20.5 Chicken Spiedies in 10 minutes (Nichols, New York, August 12) at The Tioga Downs World Chicken Spiedie Eating Championship.
- Halloween Candy: 4 lbs 1.9 oz of Halloween Candy in 6 minutes. (Las Vegas, Nevada, October 31.
- Popcorn: 28.5 24oz servings of popcorn in 8 minutes (Las Vegas, Nevada, April 25)
- HEART ATTACK GRILL: 20,000 calories Burger in 4:10 (Las Vegas, July 26)
What is Matt Stonie net worth?
According to information sighted on celebritynetworth.com, Matt Stonie net worth is around $3 million.
There you have it; Matt Stonie net worth is $3 million.
He made all this money by competing with others to see who is the best at eating certain meals at certain times.