There’s a new twist to the report we shared earlier concerning party revelers who died hours later after attending the party of a sakawa kingpin which has since gone viral.
In the previous report, we indicated that a Twitter user identified as Oluwapelumi Awotedu revealed that a yahoo boy (sakawa boy) celebrated his birthday party in a grand style two Sundays ago with over 50 of his friends in attendance.
In his statement published on Twitter, 50 people have died so far and from the look of things, the death toll could rise. He noted that the incident happened in Alagbole Akute, Lagos.
In this fresh update made available to us courtesy Sahara Report, it has emerged that the guests were poisoned through pepper soup. According to the report, the so-called internet fraudster drove into the bar on a Thursday and ordered drinks for everyone, which he repeated the following day – Friday.
On Saturday, 20th of March, the alleged fraudster-cum-ritualist drove into the bar and also paid for bottles of beer while he announced it was his birthday. She said the ‘Yahoo boy’ then went to his car where he got a cooler of fried meat and asked everyone to have a bite while sipping their drinks.
“The bar attendants already gave him a bottle of beer paid for by the Yahoo boy and he drank from it before he left to look for his missing phone and nothing happened to him. I think whatever caused the death should be the meat because he brought it out from the booth of his car, no one knows where he got it from.
According to her, 25 people from the incident are now confirmed dead as against the figure given on social media – 50. “The Yahoo boy did not die; he simply ran away. He has been declared wanted. His car is even parked at Ajuwon there, some people wanted to burn his car but they were advised against doing such so that the culprit would be traced.
The police are aware of the incident, they even wanted to go and lock up the hotel but when the owner heard of it, she called them and asked why because she did not produce the beer in her hotel,” she said.