In a previous report shared on www.Ghbase.com, we mentioned that 12 NDC MPs have been toppled and won’t return to parliament.
In this updated version, the number of the vanquished has reached 16 and we have the full list right here for you.
In the primaries held on Saturday, May 13, 2023, Lord Kwaku Boam defeated Kwabena Donkor, a former minister of power and member of parliament for Pru East.
Kwabena Donkor, who received 371 votes, and Bright Fiawornu, who received 66 votes, were defeated by Mr. Boam, who received 474 votes. Attah Issah, who received 801 votes, defeated ABA Fuseini, a three-term member of parliament for the Sagnerigu constituency.
Thomas Dalu, the sitting member of parliament for Chiana-Paga, was also defeated by Nikyema Alamzy, a young businessman, who received 488 votes to Mr Dalu’s 300.
In order to overcome three other candidates, including the current MP for Navrongo Central, Samson Tangombu Chiragia, Simon Akibange Aworigo received 475 votes.
The MP for Bongo, Edward Bawa was also shown the red by NDC delegates in his constituency. He lost to Charles Bawaduah.
Find the 16 incumbent MPs who lost their slots below
1. Kwabena Donkor – Pru East
2. ABA Fuseini – Sagnerigu
3. Thomas Dalu – Chiana-Paga
4. Samson Tangombu Chiragia – Navrongo Central
5. Edward Bawa – Bongo
6. Alex Adomako – Sekyere Afram Plains
7. Wisdom Gidisu – Krachie East
8. Abeiku Crentsil – Ekumfi
9. Albert Akuka Alalzuuga – Garu
10. Della Sowah – Kpando
11. Augustine Tawia – Bia West
12. Angela Oforiwa Alorwu-Tay – Afadjato South
13. Peter Yaw Kwakye Ackah – Amenfi Central
14. Christian Otuteye – Sege
15. Kobena Woyome – South Tongu
16. Sophia Ackuaku – Current MP for Domeabra-Obom but switched to Ayawaso Central