The word, “Sapiophile” might sound familiar. Yes! It is synonymous with the word, “Sapiosexual.”
The word sapiophile is derived from 2 Latin words. The first is “sapient” which means “wise” and the Greek suffix “phile” means “lover of”).
Different Definitions of Sapiophile:
|A sapiophile is someone who is attracted to intelligence or intelligent people. This attraction can be romantic and/or sexual.
A sapiophile is a person who is attracted, whether it be sexually, romantically, or otherwise, to intelligence or intelligent people rather than to their physical appearance.
A sapiophile is a person who is attracted, whether it be sexually, romantically, or otherwise, to intelligence or intelligent people rather than to their physical appearance. quotations
A sapiosexual or sapiophile is someone that is physically and mentally turned on by smart people.
Sapiosexuals are aroused by intelligence. Sapphires are people who are attracted to intelligence or creative people.
One striking thing about sapiophiles is that they are different and can have a tremendous intellectual conversation about anything random or unexpected things.
When you know what sapiophile means, you will understand that to these people, smart people with a great sense of humor are far more attractive than those with outstanding physical appearance.
How To Know You Are A Sapiophile
There are a lot of signs that can prove whether you are a sapiophile or not. Note that these things vary and will all depend on each person, and every sapiosexual has their preferences.
Some sapiosexuals are more into wise, intellectual conversations spiced up with a great sense of humor, while others connect most with emotional intelligence.
- A sapiophile loves owning their library Since the definition of a sapiophile is being attracted to intelligent people, they would likely prefer spending their time with someone who has a library.
- They love debating You can be sure that the sapiophile will be all over you during a debate or discussion that requires an intelligent thought process
- People with open minds Sapiophiles are very good when it comes to having their own opinion. Even so, they tend to strike a balance between expressing their own opinions strongly and having an open mind.
- When you find yourself longing to have an intelligent conversation with someone about quantum physics or you cannot help yourself from breathlessly staring at someone reading a philosophy book as though it is a romance novel, then you know that you are a sapiophile or sapiosexual!
- Embracing oneself From the above explanations so far, it is clear that sapiophiles are confident, and will be attracted to others like them. They are bold women or men that are never ashamed to embrace their interests, wants, and needs. They will also be clear about being attracted to an amazing brain rather than to physiques such as a six-pack, or a big backside.