California is a state with a rich history and a diverse population, so it’s no surprise that it has produced a number of famous people who have made their mark in various fields. Here is a list of the top 10 famous people from California:
Famous People From California
- Arnold Schwarzenegger – The former Governor of California and Hollywood action star was born in Austria, but he made his fame and fortune in the Golden State.
- Steve Jobs – The co-founder and former CEO of Apple, Steve Jobs was born in San Francisco and went on to revolutionize the tech industry with his innovative products and ideas.
- Walt Disney – The iconic animator and entrepreneur was born in Chicago, but he founded his eponymous entertainment company in Los Angeles.
- Marilyn Monroe – One of the most iconic actresses and sex symbols of all time, Marilyn Monroe was born in Los Angeles and rose to fame in the 1950s.
- Jack Nicholson – The Oscar-winning actor was born in New York, but he made his home in Los Angeles and has appeared in numerous classic films, including “The Shining” and “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.”
- Sandra Day O’Connor – The first woman to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States, Sandra Day O’Connor was born in El Paso, Texas, but grew up on a ranch in Arizona and attended Stanford Law School in California.
- Bruce Lee – The legendary martial artist and actor was born in San Francisco and rose to fame in the 1970s with his iconic kung fu films.
- Billie Eilish – The Grammy-winning singer and songwriter was born and raised in Los Angeles and has become one of the biggest names in pop music.
- Francis Ford Coppola – The award-winning filmmaker was born in Detroit, but he made his mark in Hollywood with iconic films like “The Godfather” and “Apocalypse Now.”
- Neil Armstrong – The astronaut who became the first man to walk on the moon was born in Wapakoneta, Ohio, but he trained at Edwards Air Force Base in California before his historic mission.
These are just a few of the many famous people who have called California home at some point in their lives. From actors and musicians to politicians and entrepreneurs, the Golden State has produced some of the most influential and memorable figures in modern history.