Credited with leading the charge for equal salary for women in Hollywood, and becoming one of the highest-paid actresses in the world in the 80s through to the 90s, Moore has done so well for women, but what is Demi Moore net worth after putting up that fight for equal salary for women?
This article explores who Demi Moore is and his net worth after all these years of hard work and providing entertainment for people all over the world.
We shall highlight Demi Moore’s career trajectory and how she has risen to this status that makes her a much talked about celebrity, just so that you don’t get surprised when you get to see how she is worth.
Do you want some gist already? There you go; she is worth some 200 million Dollars!
Who is Demi Moore?
Demi Moore was born on November 11, 1962.
Demi is an American actress credited with an influential figure in the movement for equal salary for women in Hollywood and was one of the highest-paid actresses through the 1980s and 1990s.
Her accolades include nominations for a Critics’ Choice Movie Award, two Golden Globe Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
She is recognized as a sex symbol for her looks and media image.
Moore appeared on the soap opera General Hospital (1982–1984) and subsequently gained recognition as a member of the Brat Pack with roles in Blame It on Rio (1984), St. Elmo’s Fire (1985), and About Last Night… (1986).
She had her breakthrough for her starring role in Ghost (1990); the highest-grossing film of that year, her performance was praised and earned her a Golden Globe nomination.
She had further box-office success in the early 1990s, with the films A Few Good Men (1992), Indecent Proposal (1993), and Disclosure (1994).
Demi Moore made her film debut in 1981.
Demi Moore early life
Demi Gene Guynes Moore was born in Roswell, New Mexico on the 11th of November, 1962.
Moore was born to Charles Harmon and Virginia Guynes.
When Moore was at the age of 15 she relocated to West Hollywood where she attended Fairfax High School.
After Moore left high school she worked in many jobs such as a pin-up girl and at a debt collection agency.
Moore later attended drama classes and decided that acting was the thing that she wanted to focus on.
Demi Moore career
Demi Moore’s long career started in 1981 when he played a minor role in the movie known as ‘Choices’, a movie that did not have a bigger budget. Quite a nice way of announcing your presence, isn’t it?
The supporting role she played in choices seemed to have helped her pass her audition for bigger roles as she got her first major role in ‘Parasite’ which was directed by Charles Band; she played the role of ‘Patricia Welles’.
She would then go on to star in ‘Blame it on Rio’ in 1984.
‘Blame it on Rio’ was directed by Stanley Donen.
Demi Moore’s career as an actor started to become successful as she was seen in ‘St. Elmo’s Fire’, which was a big success at the box office.
Her biggest breakthrough was in 1990 when she starred alongside Patrick Swayze in ‘Ghost’.
The film was a major commercial success and her performance was great.
The same year she starred in movies such as ‘Disclosure’, ‘A few Good Men’ and ‘Striptease’.
Demi Moore relationship/family
Demi married Bruce Willis in 1987.
Bruce Willis is best known for his work in the Die Hard films, as well as box office legends like Pulp Fiction, The Fifth Element, The Sixth Sense, and more.
The couple shares three children: Rumer, Scout, and Tallulah.
Sadly, they announced their separation in 1998.
Bruce ended up paying Demi a $90 million divorce settlement in 2000, which included both cash and real estate.
Demi’s third marriage to Ashton Kutcher ultimately benefitted her fiscally during their divorce.
In 2013, following Ashton’s file for divorce, Demi responded with a request for spousal support and payment of legal fees from him.
Demi and Ashton were married from 2003-2013 and don’t have any children, although Demi was briefly pregnant at the beginning of their relationship.
She has appeared in several films since his 1981 debut, and before we talk about Demi Moore net worth, we need to talk stalk of the films she has starred in all this while.
Let’s see the films she appeared in before we talk about Demi Moore net worth as an actress.
Demi Moore films
- 1981 – Choices as Corri
- 1982 – Parasite as Patricia Welles
- 1984 – Blame It on Rio as Nicole “Nikki” Hollis
- 1884 – No Small Affair as Laura Victor
- 1985 – St. Elmo’s Fire as Jules
- 1986 – About Last Night… as Debbie
- 1986 – One Crazy Summer as Cassandra Eldridge
- 1986 – Wisdom Karen as Simmons
- 1988 – The Seventh Sign as Abby Quinn
- 1989 – We’re No Angels as Molly
- 1990 – Ghost as Molly Jensen
- 1991 – Nothing but Trouble as Diane Lightson
- 1991 – Mortal Thoughts as Cynthia Kellogg
- 1991 – The Butcher’s Wife as Marina Lemke
- 1992 – A Few Good Men as LCDR JoAnne Galloway
- 1993 – Indecent Proposal as Diana Murphy
- 1994 – Disclosure as Meredith Johnson
- 1995 – The Scarlet Letter as Hester Prynne
- 1995 – Now and Then as Samantha Albertson
- 1996 – The Juror as Annie Laird
- 1996 – The Hunchback of Notre Dame as Esmeralda Voice
- 1996 – Striptease as Erin Grant
- 1996 – If These Walls Could Talk as Claire Donnelly
- 1996 – Beavis and Butt-Head Do America as Dallas Grimes Voice
- 1997 – Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
- 1997 – G.I. Jane as Lieutenant Jordan O’Neil
- 1997 – Deconstructing Harry as Helen
- 1999 – Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- 2000 – Passion of Mind as Martha / Marty
- 2002 – Austin Powers in Goldmember
- 2002 – The Hunchback of Notre Dame II as Esmeralda Voice
- 2003 Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle as Madison Lee
- 2005 Half Light as Rachel Carlson
- 2006 Bobby as Virginia Fallon
- 2007 Mr. Brooks as Detective Tracy Atwood
- 2008 Flawless Laura as Quinn
- 2010 Happy Tears as Laura
- 2010 – The Joneses as Kate Jones
- 2010 – Bunraku as Alexandra
- 2011 – Margin Call as Sarah Robertson
- 2011 – Another Happy Day as Patty
- 2011 – Nepal’s Stolen Children as Narrator / Anchor
- 2012 – LOL as Anne
- 2013 – Very Good Girls as Kate Fields
- 2015 – Forsaken as Mary-Alice Watson
- 2016 – Wild Oats as Crystal
- 2016 – Blind as Suzanne Dutchman
- 2017 – Rough Night as Lea
- 2018 Love Sonia as Selma
- 2019 Corporate Animals as Lucy
- 2020 Songbird as Piper Griffin
We can now talk about Demi Moore net worth, Shall we?
Demi Moore awards
Moore is the recipient of many accolades, including nominations for a Critics’ Choice Award, two Golden Globe Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
Demi Moore Net worth
As of 2021, Demi Moore net worth has been estimated to be around some $200 million.