Aced broadcast Journalist, Manasseh Azure Awuni and his friends have joined resources in helping a single mother of twins and 4 other children after her baby daddy abandoned her.
READ ALSO:Manasseh Azure Comes To The Aid Of Mother Of Twins Who Was Seen Selling On The Streets (+DETAILS)
Recall that sometime last year, a photo of the woman carrying twins on her back with a big pan on her head caused a lot of uproar on social media.
A lot of people wondered why she had to go through all that stress in the hot sun to be able to cater for her kids.
Well, thanks to Manasseh and his friends, her suffering has come to an end.
He wrote in a long post on Facebook;
GOOD NEWS UPDATE: The Woman Carrying Twins and Selling
Water Now Owns a Shop
In January this year, I was touched when I saw a photograph of a woman, with twins strapped to her back, carrying and selling water at Makola to feed the children. The photograph was taken by Obeng Irene, a midwife.
The 49-year-old Abiba, a native of Cape Coast, moved to Accra to seek greener pastures. But her choices did not work in her favour. The man with whom she had six children (two sets of twins, one deceased) would not marry her because his family says she’s a witch. The man was living in Spintex and hardly contributed to the upkeep of the children. She was selling the water to cater to the needs of the four children, who are with her in Accra, and the fifth one with her mother in Cape Coast.
I posted on this platform that, for the sake of the twins, we could help change her life. As usual, you responded impressively.
Together with Irene, Mabel Aku Baneseh and The Abby Awuni, we coordinated the donations, met several times, visited her place in Ablekuma and planed and executed a life that is befitting and dignifying of a mother.
This morning, I am here to let you know what we have achieved with your kind donations.
- We have opened a provision shop for her. She now sells vegetables and other provisions and doesn’t have to wake up at 3am to prepare for her toil in Makola.
- All the five children are back in school. All fees paid and other expenses such as books, and feeding have been catered for.
- We have paid her rent for two years.
- We gave their house a facelift, painting and mosquito nets fixed at the doors and windows.
- We bought them a bed, mattress and other student mattresses.
- We have borne the cost of their feeding and upkeep since I made the post on January 17, 2021.
- There is a balance we intend to invest for the children.
- A benefactor donated a refrigerator to her. Another benefactor, @Kunata Voluntary Organisation, which donated generously towards the construction of the container shop, has procured another refrigerator to help with the storage of the vegetables and provisions.
I want to thank all those who donated to support this cause. God bless you for transforming the lives Mma Abiba and her children.
I want to thank Irene Obeng for not only taking the photograph but also being instrumental in the implementation of the gesture.
Mabel Aku Banesseh and Abigail Awuni, God bless you for your time and support and trips to Ablekuma.
If you are still touched to support this initiative and help Abiba expand her shop or if you want to sponsor any of the kid’s education, kindly send your donation to the following MTN numbers:
Obeng Irene: 0547 260 646
Abigail Awuni: 0247 951 118
Kindly remember to add the Reference: Mma Abiba”.