NPP MP for Nsawam-Adoagyiri, Frank Annor-Dompreh has incurred the wrath of Ghanaians after describing people pushing the hashtag #FixTheCountry as fools.
In a tweet, Mr Annor-Dompreh listed over ten reasons why he thinks Ghanaians need to fix their attitudes first before demanding the government to fix the country.
This tweet, which did more harm than good to the campaign by many irate Ghanaians calling for drastic changes was immediately deleted by the MP when he began to sense danger.
On the list of things Annor-Dompreh thinks Ghanaians need to fix themselves include:
- He asks Ghanaians whether they pay their taxes nor not
- He said Ghanaians politicize every good policy of the governemnt
- He said Ghanaians do receive bribes
- He said Ghanaians used illegal means to use power (electricity)
- He said Ghanaians do not respect their elders
- He said Ghanaians do overprice products
- He said Ghanaians Ghanaians destroy state properties
- He said Ghanaians are lazy
- He said Ghanaians cheat on their husbands and wives
- He said elderly Ghanaians chase teenagers young enough to be their daughter
In a nutshell, Annor-Dompreh believes the “Fix The Country” campaign is dead on arrival especially when the attitudes of citizens do not correlate with their demands.
He has since deleted this disparaging tweet and issued an apology but the harm has already been done.