While we are waiting for the official nomination list to be announced on Friday Charter house, the organizers of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, we just want you to know about these facts about this year’s VGMA.
At a press conference held yesterday, the organizers of the VGMAs disclosed some facts. The most shocking was when they mentioned that, although Shatta Wale qualifies to be nominated, they’ve decided not to nominate him because he dragged the board to the mud sometime ago. (We believe you already know about that story)
1.Nominee’s jam going to volta region. 2. No industry awards night it will be merged with main event.
3. Date for main event is may 7
4. Not enough Gospel albums with big hits this year so Gospel album of the year won’t happen this year
6. Lifetime achievement award and musiga merit award will be merged this year.
7. No music for development award this year
8. Shatta Wale doesn’t qualify for this year unless he completes the process of officially apologising for maligning the VGMA board.
Follow us on Instagram & Twitter @officialghbase
Some portions of text culled from ameyawdrah.com